Emergency Pediatric Dentist - Kirkland, Washington
When dental emergencies strike, finding prompt and specialized care for your child is crucial. At Kirkland Kids Dentistry, we understand that accidents can happen, and we are here to provide immediate assistance for your little one’s dental emergencies in Kirkland, Washington. With a compassionate team of pediatric dental experts and a range of services tailored to handle urgent situations, we offer peace of mind when you need it most. Whether it’s a toothache, a knocked-out tooth, or any other dental emergency, Dr. Kim and Dr. Allyson are ready to provide the expert care your child deserves. If your child needs immediate assistance call us: (425) 820-6633.
Common Dental Emergencies
- Toothaches: They can be caused by tooth decay, infection, or injury. Toothaches can be incredibly uncomfortable for children and may require immediate attention to alleviate the pain and address the underlying cause.
- Broken or Fractured Teeth: Children are active and accidents can happen, leading to broken or fractured teeth. Prompt dental care is essential to assess the extent of the damage and provide appropriate treatment to restore the tooth’s structure and function.
- Knocked-Out Teeth: Knocked-out or avulsed teeth require urgent attention. If a permanent tooth is knocked out, it may be possible to save it if immediate steps are taken. Quick action is crucial in increasing the chances of successful re-implantation. However, we do not ever recommend re-implanting a primary/“baby” tooth if it is knocked out.
- Loose or Dislodged Teeth: Trauma to the mouth can cause teeth to become loose or dislodged. In such cases, it’s important to seek immediate dental care to stabilize the tooth and prevent further damage.
- Abscesses or Dental Infections: Dental infections can lead to abscesses, which are painful and potentially dangerous. If your child experiences swelling, severe toothache, and/or fever, it could indicate an abscess or infection that requires immediate attention.
- Broken Dental Fillings or Crowns: If a dental filling or crown becomes damaged or dislodged, it can cause discomfort and leave the tooth vulnerable to further damage or decay. Timely professional care is necessary to address the issue and protect the tooth.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Injuries to the soft tissues of the mouth, such as cuts, lacerations, or tears to the lips, tongue, or cheeks, should be promptly assessed and treated to prevent infection and aid in healing.
- Persistent Bleeding: If your child’s mouth experiences persistent bleeding after a dental injury or extraction, it is important to seek immediate professional assistance to control the bleeding and prevent further complications.
Knocked Out Teeth
Kids are full of energy and accidents can happen, including knocked-out teeth. While it may be alarming, parents need to stay calm and act swiftly. If your child’s tooth gets knocked out, time is of the essence. Here’s what you should do: First, gently pick up the tooth by the crown, avoiding touching the root. If the tooth is dirty, rinse it briefly with milk or saline solution without scrubbing or using soap. Next, try to reinsert the tooth into its socket, ensuring it is facing the correct way. If reinsertion isn’t possible, place the tooth in a clean container with milk, saliva, try to avoid storing the tooth in water. Avoid storing the tooth in water. Then, contact Kirkland Kids Dentistry immediately. The sooner you seek professional dental care, the better the chances of saving the tooth. Our skilled pediatric dental team will provide prompt and expert assistance, evaluating the situation and taking the necessary steps to re-implant the tooth if possible.
Gum damage and soft tissue injuries are also common among kiddos. While they may seem less severe than other dental emergencies, it’s essential to address these types of injuries promptly. Gum damage and soft tissue injuries can cause significant discomfort and pain for your child. Bleeding gums, cuts, lacerations, or tears to the lips, tongue, or cheeks can be distressing and interfere with eating, speaking, and overall comfort. Promptly addressing these injuries is crucial to alleviate pain and prevent further complications.
Furthermore, untreated gum damage and soft tissue injuries can increase the risk of infection. The mouth contains a variety of bacteria, and open wounds provide an entry point for harmful bacteria to enter the body. By seeking immediate professional care for gum damage and soft tissue injuries, you can minimize the risk of infection and ensure proper healing.
Compassionate Dental Care When It Counts
At Kirkland Kids Dentistry, Dr. Kim and Dr. Allyson understand that when your child is in need of emergency dental care, you want to entrust their care to a team you can rely on. We are proud to be the go-to destination for emergency pediatric dentistry in Kirkland, Washington. Our dedicated and compassionate team is committed to providing immediate and expert care when your child needs it most. With our child-friendly environment, advanced techniques, and a range of services, we are well-equipped to handle any dental emergency your child may face. When you choose Kirkland Kids Dentistry, you can have peace of mind knowing that your child’s comfort, safety, and dental health are our top priorities. Contact us right away in case of a dental emergency, because at Kirkland Kids Dentistry, we are here to be the trusted partner for your child’s urgent dental needs.